Best performance of the season so far. Let's grab this Title with both hands.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Best performance of the season so far. Let's grab this Title with both hands.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon May 06, 2024 12:44 pm

Well, I think most Celtic Supporters will agree, I believe that was our best performance of the season on Saturday versus the Brethren from Edinburgh, hopefully we can continue that type of performance until the end of the season, which should ensure the Double. Apart from probably the first ten minutes, it was an outstanding display from Celtic, the only slight disappointment was, we should have scored a few more goals, Zander Clark in the Hearts goal probably had his best game of the season, it should have been about five or six nothing to Celtic.

It was great to see our Captain, Callum, back to his best, the same with Kyogo, Reo, and Big Matt, and the return of Daizen was brilliant, Joe Hart also had a couple of big saves, in truth, there were no failures on the park, so it was a big confidence boost going into the Glasgow Derby on Saturday, the reaction of the crowd at the big moments in the game told you everything. That’s what we need, I keep saying every week we need a 100% united support, the players feed off the energy from the stands, and the Supporters feed off the energy and performance of the players on the pitch, we are all in it together for the common good of our Famous Football Club.

The players can now concentrate on Saturday, get a good week’s training in, and get themselves mentally tuned in to winning the game, that’s all that matters, and with Celtic Park packed with 60,000 of our own Supporters, we have a great chance to get one hand on the Trophy. As usual, our thoughts will turn now to who the” Serial Cheat Crawford Allan” will put in charge of trying to stop Celtic winning the League. I don’t think it will be Kevin Clancy, which is good news for us, how he missed the hand ball by Lawrence Shankland I’ll never know, Shankland himself pleaded guilty by his immediate reaction, but still Clancy didn’t give the penalty. Talking about the penalty, if Matt O’Riley had been taking them all season, the League would already be won, he has taken three, and each one was brilliantly taken.

So Bhoy’s and Ghirl’s, get you batteries charged up, get your singing voice tuned up, get your colours prepared, and get yourself ready to give unlimited support to our players at Celtic Park versus Scotland’s newest professional club on Saturday. If we are all united in our backing, the team will respond. Brendan has an opportunity to pick his strongest team, but it’s not just about eleven players these days, it’s also about having players on our bench who we can call on when needed, for whatever reason. Let’s all hope that we start the way we have been doing against them this season, get on the front foot, play with pace and aggression, and score early. The Title is in our reach, let’s grab it with both hands.
Glasgow’s still Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”