Could we now have a mutual respect amongst the majority of supporters?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Could we now have a mutual respect amongst the majority of supporters?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:49 pm

[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]We must always look for something positive in difficult situations, we know there is a knock-on financial effect on the SPL clubs with the demise of Rangers FC, although I don’t believe it is as bad as being portrayed in the corridors of power.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]I was pleasantly surprised by the actions of the supporters of the other ten teams in the SPL, and indeed the supporters of the majority of the 30 other clubs in Scottish Football, maybe we will find a new respect within the supporters of Scottish Football.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]One of the most annoying aspects of watching football as a Celtic supporter is the way we are treated at some of the grounds we visit, there is a very definite dislike of all things Celtic at some grounds, and it shows in the level of abuse we get.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]I hope now that we have found some common ground because of our stand for Sporting Integrity, we can now work together more closely to make sure Scottish Football does not suffer the slow lingering death predicted by Stewart Regan.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]If the supporters of all the clubs in Scotland get behind their team by attending matches, there is no need for panic over what Sky Sports might do about the existing contract, in fact it could work in our favour.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]How many supporters in Scotland would like to get back to watching their team on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm? I suspect the majority, and while it might be nice to see some of the big matches in England on a Sunday afternoon, our bread and butter are the supporters who go through the turnstiles every week.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]If more supporters start to go to matches then the shortfall from the TV revenue could be more than made up, and it would lead to fuller grounds and better atmospheres, which might lead to a better TV deal, one which doesn’t send us to Dingwall and Inverness at lunchtime on a Sunday.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]I sincerely hope that all the Celtic supporters who have fallen away over the last five years or so come back again; I would love to see Celtic Park bursting at the seams, with the supporters singing their hearts out.
[COLOR=#000000:fc3e465f]I would also like to see supporters of the other clubs in Scotland coming to Celtic Park in greater numbers, the number of visiting fans last season was very disappointing, maybe with greater vocal support for their team it might just encourage a more competitive match, and give their team a better chance of getting a result.

Re: Could we now have a mutual respect amongst the majority of supporters?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Agree with what you are saying about greater numbers coming to Celtic Park to create a better atmosphere, and surely Celtic can take the moral high ground here by telling away clubs that they can have a percentage of every ticket they sell say 25% but in return they had to reduce their prices when Celtic visit their ground instead of raising them.

Joe O'Rourke

Re: Could we now have a mutual respect amongst the majority of supporters?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 am

Its a fair point, but i would not agree with giving them a % of the gate takings. Less than 4,000 visitng fans were at Celtic Park last season if you exclude the Oldco.

Return to “CSA News”