We must not walk into a Trap.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

We must not walk into a Trap.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:40 pm

It didn’t come as any surprise to anyone who watches Scottish Football that The Rangers have been charged again by UEFA for Racist behaviour by their fans during last week’s match versus Legia Warsaw. I suppose it’s hard to change the habits of over 100 years, during which they have ingrained themselves in Racist and Sectarian beliefs.

This should come as a warning to all football supporters, including our own. We have seen in the past that UEFA act as and when they want to, they have in the past tried to even things up between opposing teams in different countries, and it would not come as any shock if they were now pointing their guns in our direction.

When we play in Stockholm tonight it would not surprise me if the viewing television audience included more Sevconians than Celtic Supporters. We all have seen them in the past running to the Police to report anything that they deemed offensive to themselves or their Kulture, I know, I’ve been part of it.

I don’t suggest for one minute that the Celtic support are Racist or Sectarian, but we have had plenty of charges in the past few seasons, the vast majority of which were avoidable. I don’t like the song about Derek McInnes sang by some of our fans, there is no need for that type of song, whether it’s directed at him or anyone else, or to make some sort of warped hero out of a two bob kit man.

We should cut this type of song out, not simply because we might incur a charge from UEFA, but because it’s the right thing to do. We have built up a tremendous reputation over many years, we have been praised by the best Football Players and Mangers in World Football, we need to protect that reputation, it’s something we should all be very proud of.

If Sevco and their fans wish to continue to the walk through the Dark Ages, then let them get on with it. I believe our Club and our Supporters are made of different material. I don’t believe that we have a major problem, but its little things that make the difference. Let’s support our team in the manner in which we have rightly became Famous, I don’t believe any other set of supporters have won an Award on three different occasions from the Football Authorities, let’s go for 4 as well as 9.

Return to “CSA News”