Leaders & Followers, which are you Mr Maxwell?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Leaders & Followers, which are you Mr Maxwell?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:51 pm

My first thoughts when I read about the Ryan Christie decision was to write to SFA CEO Ian Maxwell, but then I thought again, I’ve written to Maxwell on numerous occasions and had one reply, so I won’t waste any more of my time writing to him direct, instead I’ll write this open letter to him.

Mr Maxwell,
In all walks of life there are Leaders, and there are followers, you basically tend to be one or the other. I thought when you were appointed to your present job that you would be a Leader, but it would appear that you are indeed a follower, just who you are following I’m not entirely sure, but I’m fairly sure they are not season ticket holders at Celtic park.
The latest episode from the SFA Compliance Officer Clare Whyte is quite baffling, if not disturbing, as is the continuing lack of transparency from within the SFA in general, and in particular within the disciplinary process, for instance it’s been 17 months since the beginning of the investigation into the issuing of a European Licence to Oldco Rangers, and still no decision.
The incident involving Ryan Christie and Alfredo Morelos at Celtic Park recently looked like an accidental collision between two players, something that happens regularly in all levels of football, and while Ryan is a competitive player, I don’t think he would be in any list compiled of dirty players in Scotland, I think there would more chance of Mr Morelos making that type of list.
I accept that you don’t personally deal with individual disciplinary cases, but this is where the Leaders come into their own, when processes are failing, Leaders change the process, followers sit on their backside and do nothing, so what are you doing Mr Maxwell? I hope you have a comfy seat.
Last season one of the players involved, Morelos was involved in not one, but three separate incidents, involving three different Celtic Players, the match official John Beaton did nothing, and when Morelos was cited, Beaton claimed he saw all three incidents, and no action was required. If that action by Beaton was not Corrupt, then he is the most Incapable Official in Scottish Football, and believe me, you would need to be really bad to achieve that lowly position.
Celtic Football Club have supplied the backbone for the Scottish National Team for many years, I don’t know what influence the club has with players taking part in International Football, but I would be talking to those players involved with Scotland, one of whom is Ryan Christie.
The Celtic Support are at breaking point with the SFA, we have been getting shafted by them almost since our inception, we are very close to getting a reaction. The Celtic Support contribute more into Scottish Football than any other set of supporters, we have single-handedly kept the lights on at Hampden for many years. You might find that will change in the not too distant future. That will only change if you change, will you? I very mugh doubt it.
Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,
Celtic Supporters Association.

Return to “CSA News”