Big Ange proved them wrong.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Big Ange proved them wrong.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon May 23, 2022 12:31 pm

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve written anything on here. That was down to a number of things, least of all a pandemic that killed many people. So I thought it’s about time we tried to get back to normal, or as normal as possible anyway.

After the disaster that was last season, when everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, I had mixed feelings going into this season. At first I thought, we’ll win the League back at the first attempt. Then, after considering the turnaround needed for the playing squad, I thought, this could take two or three years, and especially with a new Manager coming in.

Well Big Ange Postecoglou, proved everyone wrong. All the know-all pundits were predicting Big Ange would be sacked by Christmas, well, I had it on good authority that Big Ange indeed had large ones, and he certainly wasn’t a quitter, but I think even he might just think he overachieved in his first season, it was remarkable when you consider what he started with.

The one constant, even during a pandemic, was the sports writers in Scotland can’t help themselves when it comes to the new club in Govan. On Wednesday night only one pundit predicted a win for Eintracht Frankfurt, and he was probably the most qualified to call it, which was Gordon Parks. On Saturday, not one pundit predicted a win for Hearts, I suppose they got that right anyway. What a spineless display from the wee cousins from the East, not one shot on target in 120 minutes of football, well it wasn’t really football.

Again the media tried to paint a picture of how wonderful a season Sevco had, they would have us believe that winning the Scottish Cup against a team of bottlers, was a greater achievement than Big Ange winning a double in his first season in Scotland, well thank God for guys like Chris Sutton and John Hartson, aye, and even Gordon Parks.

So it’s now time to recharge the batteries to get ready for the Champions League nights under the famous Disco Lights. We have much to be thankful for. We have dominated Scottish Football for 10 of the last 11 years, here’s to dominating it for the next 10 years.
Glasgow’s Green & White.

Kiwibhoy

Re: Big Ange proved them wrong.

Postby Kiwibhoy » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:18 pm

Good to see you back. Now, you wrote:

Again the media tried to paint a picture of how wonderful a season Sevco had, they would have us believe that winning the Scottish Cup against a team of bottlers, was a greater achievement than Big Ange winning a double in his first season in Scotland, well thank God for guys like Chris Sutton and John Hartson, aye, and even Gordon Parks.

Credit where it is due. Rangers getting to the final of the Europa League was no small achievement, and - as is too often the case for UK football - losing on penalties is bad luck, in many ways.

On another note, one is sorry to read of Andy Goram's passing.

Return to “CSA News”