The title is within our reach, let's grab it with both hands

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

The title is within our reach, let's grab it with both hands

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am

It was an enjoyable journey back to the Port from Dundee yesterday, you cannot argue with three points secured, although not a vintage display, it was a bit nervy, but I never thought we were in danger of dropping points. Dundee went with a tactic of launching the ball into our goalmouth hoping someone would get on the end of it, unfortunately the only one to get on the end of a cross was Adam Idah. We could have won a bit more comfortably, but there seems to be a bit of nerves creeping in to our play, that’s to be expected when fighting for every point to secure a third title in a row.

What about Jamsie Peter Pan Forrest yesterday afternoon? his two goals were magnificent, the goalkeeper was rooted to the spot for his first strike, and he did brilliantly to ride the tackle for his second goal, it’s just a pity we didn’t get the third, that would have taken the nervousness out of the players, and allowed us to play with a lot more freedom and confidence. Now we have two home games in a row, win both and the Title is in our reach, we need to aim for maximum points, although we may not need them, that should be the target.

We once again had John Beaton in charge of the match, since the debacle at Tynecastle, we have had the two culprits Beaton and Robertson about four times, and what’s the odds-on John Beaton getting the Scottish Cup Final? Very short I would imagine, Crawford Allan is playing his part in trying to thwart Celtic’s attempt to win the Double, just like the brethren did to Ronny Deila in his quest for a Treble. Celtic should be asking questions of the SFA with regards to match official appointments, since the Newco complained about Willie Collum, he hasn’t handled any of their League matches, thanks to Brother Crawford Allan.

Next Saturday the Diet Ones from Edinburgh visit Celtic Park, we know exactly what we’ll get from Naismith’s team, and will be nothing like their pathetic attempt against their cousins in the Semi-Final, I think they committed seven fouls in that match, I think that number may increase greatly on Saturday, well I suppose that may depend on who is the match official. Ultimately, It’s in our own hands, if we perform to the best of our ability, we should be fine. We do need the 100% backing of our support, we need to be loud in our backing and singing, if any player is struggling a wee bit, we can lift them up again. Let’s do this Celtic, we are all in this together.
Glasgow’s still Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”