Tony Mowbray Tic's the Right Boxes

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Tony Mowbray Tic's the Right Boxes

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I have just returned from the press conference to unveil Tony Mowbray as the new Celtic Manager, and i have to say i was very impressed by his honesty. When asked what he brought to the job??, he answered, i will bring honesty and integrity, humility and hard work, he said there is no magic wand, the team will evolve, but the team will always play the Glasgow Celtic way. To the Celtic support he said " I will try and make you happy every week end, or when Celtic play, i will do my best to win trophies and to progress in Europe. He also said he cant wait to get on the training field with his backroom staff and get working with the players.
Tony's honesty shone out like a beacon in the dark, i told him he can depend on the 100% backing of the Celtic Support, welcome home Tony, lets get our title back.

Ballingrybhoy

Re: Tony Mowbray Tic's the Right Boxes

Postby Ballingrybhoy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Agreed Joe - with 100% backing from the Celtic support Tony Mowbray will do well for us.

jbd

Postby jbd » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:08 pm

At first, I wasn't convinced Tony Mowbray was the right man for the job, but he says all the right things and as you say, Joe, he ticks the right boxes.
I think we may just be on to a winner.
Welcome back, Tony.
Now....go get us our flag back.

Hoopy63

Postby Hoopy63 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm

I was there when Tony Mowbray came out to meet the faithful and yes i agree i liked what he said particularly about playing the Glasgow Celtic way. He has played for Celtic as has Peter Grant, they understand what Celtic is and what Celtic means to the faithful. I am looking forward to the new season to see Celtic play good entertaining football, which they did not last season. I like Tony Mowbray and Peter Grant's honesty and openness, I am certain they will do everything they can to bring success. I just hope the Board give them the money to buy players and regardless of instant sucess or not Celtic will endure. I am very happy that Neil Lennon is being kept on, Neil like Tony & Peter know the traditions of Celtic. Let us hope we bring the SPL title home to Paradise along with the Scottish Cup.

Hail Hail
SALeppard

paddymac1967

Postby paddymac1967 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:58 pm

awrite there Joe
I hope that you are right about Tony Mowbray,so whats your view on peter grant do you think he,s the right man to partner him and do you know much the board are prepared to give Tony to spend because let,s face it the team that we have got there now threw the title away...............Cheers ...PaddyMac.... com on the hoops

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Well Paddy everyones entitled to a fair chance, i certainly wasn't one of Peter Grant's fans when he was playng, but he could turn out to be a great coach, so i'll give him a chance, now if you were asking big Fra the same question i think you would get a different answer. As for the Board, your 100% right money needs to be spent to improve he playing squad, lets get our title back.
Hail Hail

theword

Postby theword » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:58 pm

I have just returned from the press conference to unveil Tony Mowbray as the new Celtic Manager, and i have to say i was very impressed by his honesty. When asked what he brought to the job??, he answered, i will bring honesty and integrity, humility and hard work, he said there is no magic wand, the team will evolve, but the team will always play the Glasgow Celtic way. To the Celtic support he said " I will try and make you happy every week end, or when Celtic play, i will do my best to win trophies and to progress in Europe. He also said he cant wait to get on the training field with his backroom staff and get working with the players.
Tony's honesty shone out like a beacon in the dark, i told him he can depend on the 100% backing of the Celtic Support, welcome home Tony, lets get our title back.

Please dont take this as sour grapes it not ment to be .

tony mowbray was a breath of fresh air when he took over WBA, he said the same things at our press confrence , i will bring honesty and integrity, humility and hard work, we bought in into is adventure and we played fantastic football the fans loved him to bits we backed him when we got relagated we gave him a standing ovation after the liverpool game i dont blame him taking the celtic job , but the supporters cant believe he never said good bye properly to the west bromwch albion faithfull its a shame hes lost alot of respect from us for that .

but hope you do well and your in for a treat proper footie :fingers-crossed: but cant defend but who cares when you want to out score everyone .

just a after thought , we as football fans somtimes judge our mangers on there words some talk of wot they are goin to achive and how they are
going to play, tony mowbray and many others can inspire with there words , but lets judge on there deeds .

theword

Postby theword » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Please dont take this as sour grapes it not ment to be .

Tony mowbray was a breath of fresh air when he took over WBA, he said the same things at our press conference , i will bring honesty and integrity, humility and hard work, we bought in into is adventure and we played fantastic football the fans loved him to bits we backed him when we got relegated we gave him a standing ovation after the liverpool game i don't blame him taking the Celtic job , but the supporters cant believe he never said good bye properly to the west bromwch albion faithful its a shame he lost alot of respect from us for that .

but hope you do well and your in for a treat proper footie :fingers-crossed: but cant defend but who cares when you want to out score everyone .

just a after thought , we as football fans somtimes judge our mangers on there words some talk of wot they are goin to achive and how they are
going to play, tony mowbray and many others can inspire with there words , but lets judge on there deeds .

well its not looking to good chaps bet he wished he stayed @ west brom. there's always next season .

ps do you give him a standing ovation when you loose ,no i didn't think you did. and the two million we got for him we spent that on gonzalo jara "wot a player"

theword

Postby theword » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:28 pm

well its not looking to good chaps bet he wished he stayed @ west brom. there's always next season .

ps do you give him a standing ovation when you loose ,no i didn't think you did. and the two million we got for him we spent that on gonzalo jara "wot a player"

it seemed tony mowbray did not tick the right boxes , i told you so ! remember me saying dodgy defence well there you go .

would we like him back at west brom errrr no way , he talks a good one doesn't he lads .

2.5 million it cost you ,,,,,,,,,, lol

all the best chaps lets hope you get someone who has got what it takes to take you forward .

kind regards theword with the last word on TM .

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Well i suppose the consolation is, we've not just got rid of big Tony, we've got rid of you as well, so every cloud does have a silver lining.

Return to “CSA News”