Poppy Scotland " Was Freedom of Choice not part of the Fight for Democracy?"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
salty

Re: Poppy Scotland " Was Freedom of Choice not part of the Fight for Democracy?"

Postby salty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Carlsberg dont do rants but if they did, everyone is entitled to their opinion, your giving one on me and dont even know me, if you dont agre with whats said on the forum you dont have to come on it. Let me make it clear, the decision on having a choice was agreed 100% by the members of the Celtic Supporters Association at the AGM last week.

Well said Joe, all of the first post was well put, and in no way a rant.

Now that Manchester United and Liverpool have refused to be railroaded by the Poppy Fascists, perhaps the CSA can have an active role in telling Lawell, Reid etc that the poppy has no place on our strip in future years.

No right minded person has any ill will to the conscripted men who were sent to their death in two World Wars, but the British Armies role in the Occupied Six Counties should not be airbrushed from history to suit modern agendas.

max

Re: Poppy Scotland " Was Freedom of Choice not part of the Fight for Democracy?"

Postby max » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:23 pm

If my understanding of the situation is correct, I heard allegations that Radio Scotland were outside, in the carpark, were they knew a small (20-40?) demonstration would be taking place, armed with a live microphone.
If this is indeed the case, I would expect a full and thorough investigation from CP, as to why Radio Scotland thought it suitable to broadcast this 'demonstration' (from the carpark) over the top of the minutes silence (inside the stadium) live on TV, I think the hypocrisy is patently obvious.
IF this was the case, it was an orchestrated action, fueled by AN AGENDA.
It all seems very sinister to me.
I think someone has to be asking some questions about the details of certain broadcasts.

max

Postby max » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Ps. I watched the game on CH67, and you could vaguely hear them in the background, ok maybe they turned it down, I can't say, but the soundtrack I heard later on 'the net' accompanying the mins silence was ludicrous!!
You could pick out all the individual voices in the 'crowd'!
It was like listening to a mob of guys singing in a livingroom.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Look, maybe you need to get your facts right, at no time did we ask people to disrespect the minutes silence, we asked for people to be given the choice, i think the people who were outside singing were a disgrace , i was outside at the time but we were talking about 10 fans who would have done what they done inside the stadium which would have been worse, unlike you i have all our members opinions to think of, and they were 100% behind the action we suggested.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Incidently Erskine Hoop, i spoke to two University Lecturers today who thought it was a good balanced article, so it goes to show everyone has different opinions, and they are entitled to them, the great tree of democracy has many branches, freedom of choice is only one of them.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Perhaps I misread the first post on this thread but I don't actually remember seeing any suggestion to "sing crap".

I personally think it's all about freedom of choice - each to their own. I may not always agree with others views on this topic but I certainly won't have a go at someone who does not share my own view.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:24 pm

I totally agree, maybe it's time we closed this one, but having said that, we must have a strategy which is acceptable to the core Celtic support, we tried our best but obviously that doesn't please everybody, but i'll continue to try and represent the Celtic Supporters as best i can, when i cant do that i wont be there, the members make that decision.

max

Postby max » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Im Really sorry to reiterate, BUT, Does no one else see the significance of a NATIONAL broadcasting 'institution' (ahem!) going into a carpark, were they knew a band of prostesters would be, I've heard between 20 & 40 but the best would be, "a couple of dozen", taking a LIVE mic, and bradcasting that over 'THE' minutes silence to their 'customers'?
You would think rangers were coming up infront of a UEFA diseplinary hearing or simething!!

Doh!

northamptontim

Postby northamptontim » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 pm

Look where it got us Joe. Headlines slating our supporters. Headlines which were pointed in the direction of ICF and neds in Bucharest. Now the screw has turned and it's firmly pointing towards the Bhoys.

Think before you release these pathetic statements, Many Celtic fans feel ashamed at this nonsense. As for not coming back.... is democracy in action? If you don't agree with the ranting of the insane and ridiculous, you get told not to come back?

I'm a member of a political organisation which helps Nationalists on a daily basis. But we try to think of the consequences of our actions before release statements.

The CSA knew fine well the actions of yesterday would offend many, many people, yet you still went ahead and sanctioned these bams to sing that crap.

Feck the Queen during a silent tribute to the fallen is the actions of the insane, not the thoughful.

well put this is what every one shound be saying

Return to “CSA News”