Great result at Snake Mountain. Keep the Faith.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Great result at Snake Mountain. Keep the Faith.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:16 pm

I said last week that some of our supporters needed to calm down and “Keep the Faith” well I was right, wasn’t I? Yesterday was a great result at Snake Mountain, after a shaky start we played some great passing football, we rode our luck a little bit, but all in all we deserved the victory and the three points that keeps us at the top of the League, so all the hysteria was unjustified, sure we were not at our best at Kilmarnock or against St Johnstone, but you can’t win or lose the League after four matches.

I’ve said from the very start that Brendan Rodgers is an Elite Manager, and with all due respect, I'm not sure we would have won the match yesterday with Big Ange as coach, and the reason I say that is, Ange plays one way, his Plan B, is to play Plan A, only better, whereas Brendan reacts to different situations, like yesterday we were playing a counter attack game in the second half, and we created a few opportunities playing that way, being honest, Kyogo could have scored a hat trick in the first half alone, so it was a comfortable1-0 result.

I also think the questions asked of the SPL/SFA, by Michael Nicholson about the performances of some officials might have influenced the referee and fourth official, was any Celtic supporter confident that the Roofe goal would be chopped off for a foul? I know I wasn’t, certainly not after the same two officials' performance down at Rugby Park. I know a lot of our supporters were not confident going into the game yesterday, there was a bit of doom & gloom doing the rounds yesterday morning, but it’s all changed this morning, the sun is shining brightly.

The draw for the Champions League was decent for us, Feyenoord, Athletico Madrid, and Lazio will not be easy, but it could have been much worse, we dodged the Big Guns, but it will still be difficult getting points away from home, and it will take us at our best to gain points at home, we have to win our home matches, and hopefully manage to get at least a draw in one of the away ties, it’s high time we progressed in the Champions League, and returned to the days when we could beat all the Big Guns at Celtic Park, and we did on a regular basis.

So enjoy your Monday Bhoy’s & Ghirl’s. Glasgow’s still Green & White. This is our City, and these are our Colours.

Return to “CSA News”